This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
At Kiddies Christian Academy Pty Ltd (and including this website, kiddieschristian.academy) we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
Storage of Personal Information
The information we collect
Personal data that we may collect, use, store and share (when appropriate) about pupils includes, but is not restricted to:
- Personal information (such as name, unique pupil number, date of birth and address)
- Characteristics (such as ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth, early years pupil premium entitlement and free school meal eligibility)
- Attendance information (such as sessions attended, number of absences and absence reasons)
- Medical information (such as allergies, regular medication needed)
- Special educational needs information (such as details of any support received, including care packages, plans and support providers)
- Assessment information (such as things they can do or need help with, where they are working on the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum)
- Safeguarding information
- Behavioural information
- Accident information
- CCTV images captured in school
We may also hold data about pupils that we have received from other organisations, including other schools, nurseries, local authorities and the Department of Education.
Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
How we use your information
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you.
We use the pupil data:
- to support pupil learning
- to monitor and report on pupil progress
- to provide appropriate pastoral care
- to protect pupil welfare
- to assess the quality of our services
- to administer admissions waiting lists
- to carry out research
- to comply with the law regarding data sharing
Disclosure of information
We do not share information about pupils with any third party without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
Where it is legally required, or necessary (and it complies with data protection law) we may share personal information about pupils with:
- Schools or nurseries that the pupil’s attend after leaving us – to enable a smooth transition for your child
- Our local authority – to meet our legal obligations to share certain information with it, such as safeguarding concerns
- Suppliers and service providers – to enable them to provide the service we have contracted them for
- Health authorities – to allow them to perform their official task in the public interest
- Police forces, courts, tribunals – to allow them to perform their official task in the public interest
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Monitoring access and usage of private information;
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
Your Rights: Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses as provided on our website and specify what information you require. We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
Correction of your information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will require a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate.
- To register for our services, you will have to provide us with personally identifiable information to enable us to provide you with our services. The information you provide will be entered into our database.
- If you register as a subscriber, we do not make your personally identifiable information available to anyone unless required by law to do so.
Information Collected from E-mail
When you send us personally identifying information in an e-mail, we use the information you provide only to help us gather the information you might request. In an effort to respond to your request, information you submit may be viewed by various people within Kiddies Christian Academy. Once received, the information to your email is protected in accordance with law, (e.g. the Privacy Act and the Freedom of Information Act).
When you visit our web site to read web/html pages or download information, we automatically collect and store the following non-identifying information:
- The Internet protocol (IP) address from which you access our web site. An IP address is a unique number that is automatically assigned to the computer you are using whenever you are surfing the web.
- The type of browser, such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla, and operating system, such as Windows Vista or MacOs, used to access our site.
- The date and time our site is accessed, for the purpose of traffic and statistical monitoring.
- The pages visited, for the purpose of improving the usefulness of our web site by providing helpful links and removing pages that are not read.
This information does not identify you personally. We maintain the above information in system logs. We use this information to make our site more useful to visitors by learning the number of visitors to our site, the number of pages served, and the level of demand for specific pages. We do not track or record information about identifiable individuals and their visits.
Security, Intrusion, and Detection
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, our computer system employs software programs and hardware devices to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Definition of personal information
According to the Act ‘‘personal information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. Further to the POPI Act, Kiddies Christian Academy also includes the following items as personal information:
- All addresses including residential, postal and email addresses.
- Change of name – for which we require copies of the marriage certificate or official change of name document issued by the state department.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about this notice; you need further information about our privacy practices; wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our website.